BURNING TREE SWIMMING POOL RULES
***You must have your gate key to enter the pool area. The gate will always be locked and the lifeguards WILL NOT open the gate for anyone!!
1. The pool is for the exclusive use of members of the Burning Tree Homeowners Association (BTHA) and their guests. All persons using the pool do so at their own risk.
2. The season of pool operation will be set by the Board of Directors and will usually run from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day.
3. During the season, the pool will be open from 8:00 A.M. – 9 P.M. The Board of Directors, Pool Committee Members, or the lifeguard may close the pool when deemed necessary. This includes times of threatening weather and when air temperature is 65 degrees or lower.
4. Every effort will be made to have a lifeguard on duty between the hours of 12 Noon and 5:00pm. On occasion, it may NOT be possible to provide a lifeguard according to this schedule.
IT IS THUS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL PARENTS AND CHILDCARE PROVIDERS TO DETERMINE IF A LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY. THE LIFEGUARDS ARE NOT A BABYSITTING SERVICE.
5. When a lifeguard is on duty, any person 8 years of age or older may be in the pool area without additional adult supervision. An adult 18 years or older must attend any child under the age of 8. All childcare providers must check in with the lifeguard when entering the pool area. Members are required to provide emergency phone numbers.
6. When there is no lifeguard on duty, only persons 16 years of age and older may be in the pool area without adult supervision. An adult is someone is someone 18 years or older.
7. All children between the ages of 8-16 yrs old and swimming without parental supervision must have an emergency contact form on file with the lifeguard. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
8. Persons under the age of 25 are allowed to bring one guest each at any given time as long as they meet the age requirements specified above.
9. No pets of any kind shall be permitted in the pool area. Food and drinks are permitted on the grass and covered areas only. Glass objects (except eyeglasses) are NOT permitted in the pool area. Please dispose of all food/trash items in the receptacles to keep our pool area clean.
10. Grills and other cooking equipment can be used only in the northeast corner of the concrete deck.
11. Proper swimming attire is required in the pool area.
12. Persons with open skin abrasions, skin infections, respiratory tract illnesses, or other communicable diseases may not enter the pool.
13. Children in diapers may not enter the pool, swim diapers only are allowed.
14. No chewing of gum in the pool for health and filter reasons along with no water balloons allowed in the pool area.
15. Motor vehicles, golf carts, bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, or other such devices are NOT allowed/permitted in the pool area.
16. Smoking is not allowed in the pool area.
17. Members of the BTHA may reserve the pool for private parties at specified times. Any size group of people is considered a private party and must have a reservation for pool use.
The pool may be reserved as follows:
Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday 5:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M. (not on Holiday weekends)
(Exceptions to this party schedule are at the discretion of the Pool Committee and only if arrangements are completed at least 10 days in advance so members can be duly notified.
To reserve the pool, arrangements must be made with the Pool Director or designated committee member and include:
1. Reserving a date and completing an Application with the Pool Committee member in charge of reservations. Dates will be reserved on a first come first serve basis and will only be confirmed when the Pool Director or committee member in charge receives a completed application and deposit.
2. A $75 deposit (partially refundable) …see pool party application for further information.
3. All parties are required to have a lifeguard whether guests swim or not. Lifeguards can only be arranged by our pool manager, John O’Donnell, at the contracted rate of $20/hour per lifeguard. The party host is responsible for paying the lifeguard at the conclusion of the party. BTHA is not liable for their payment.